The question of how to win customers and keep them for life is not to be taken lightly and there are a lot of reasons for it.
Recruitment, cash flow and time consumption are the three of the biggest problems any business can face, so if you happen to be experiencing these you are definitely not alone. There are more than a few ways to fix these issues and to boost the number of your loyal customers - ways that are long term and that work.
Acquiring customers is a challenge in its own right, but keeping them long term is even bigger. Don’t be alarmed - there are a few strategies that can be implemented to help and we will present them here in this text.
Use the right product for targeting
The strategy for trying to win back customers is the same as when you are acquiring them in the first place. First you need to convey your message to the right target audience but, in order to do that, you need to follow certain guidelines that can help you in the process.
The first thing you need to do is to identify your target audience. This has to be done carefully so you can build a profile of potential customers. The best way to do this is to offer a product or service that is better value for money than what your competitors are offering.
The next thing you need to do is to identify your customers’ pain points, which is important if you want to exactly determine how to help them solve their issues. This knowledge will help you improve your relationship with your customers as they will appreciate you catering to their needs.
The last thing is to choose the messaging channel. Guiding your customers through the preferred channels of communication such as voice, video, email, and SMS is an important way to bridge the gap between customers.
The omni channel strategy
In order to get to the bottom of the “how to get loyal customers” issue, some companies opt for a strong omni channel strategy - a strategy that digs into understanding your customer lifecycle and engages with them across all of the touchpoints of their buying journey.
Your customers can reach out to you in more than one way - through your website, messaging apps, social media, call center etc. The strategy of how to win and keep customers this way includes:
- Identifying the channels where your customers are most present
- Engaging through those touch points
- Ensuring consistent engagement
Personalized messaging strategy
If you want to know how to win clients and keep them for life, one of the simplest ways is to introduce personalization - one of the biggest marketing trends.
Much research done on this matter proves that personalization is often what’s missing. For example, after a sale you need to target customer profiles that can provide repeat sales - those who can share positive reviews and individuals who can spread your message via social media.
In order to make way for these prospects, there are a few questions you have to ask yourself:
- How are purchasing decisions influenced?
- Are your products satisfying the right needs?
- If not, what’s stopping your customers from fulfilling their needs?
Understanding these questions and answering them thoroughly is essential if you want to optimize your messaging. Learning where your customers come from, where you are losing them, and which sources are providing the highest rate of conversion, will help you make the right adjustments to your marketing strategy.
Engage with your customers during the buying process
If you have a business that involves customers, then it’s all about them and the relationship you have with them.
If you were asking yourself what you need to do to achieve customer satisfaction, you must deliver a compelling experience at every touchpoint involving customers - it’s a recipe that works for every business.
By engaging and guiding customers during their buying journey, you are building a foundation that truly helps your brand in becoming successful. Delivering a great customer experience is very important, keeping in mind what you get in return - loyal brand advocates.
Due to this, every step of the customer experience needs to be integrated from the consumer perspective into an ongoing relationship.
Live engagement through personalized experienceWe have already established that personalization is one of the simplest ways to win customer loyalty, so if you want to gain their ultimate trust and confidence - help them!
And how can you do that?
There are a few engagement tools that can help you achieve this. Using these tools, you can guide your customers through their buying journey by personalizing your communication channels. This is how you improve customer satisfaction - with a personalized service.
Another solution is co-browsing. This solution helps during complex transactions such as form fill up, product demos, and customer on-boarding, where you are just a click away from guiding your customers through necessary actions.
Aside from these, engagement tools such as video and voice chat can start a personalized interaction with customers and offer a tailored solution whenever necessary. This is a nice way to build trust with clients.
Try automating your conversations
If you want to know how to win and keep customers - start being more responsive. One of the ways to do this is to automate your conversations.
Research has shown that up to 67% of customers hang up the phone in frustration when they can’t seem to reach a customer service representative. Now, this is more than a good reason to install chatbots, and here is how they help:
- Chatbots can help you engage with customers over a 24/7 period when the chat representatives are not available to handle conversations.
- They can answer all the basic queries and reduce the number of help desk tickets.
- If and when a chatbot doesn’t understand the question asked by the customer, the chat is then transferred to the right support agent.
However, watch out for the downsides - chatbots should not be overused and in that way allowed to compromise the quality of support. The right balance between the two is the best way to help you manage your customer conversations.
Trust building is crucial
How to win clients and keep them for life might not be easy, but everything starts with winning their trust.
By forging strong connections and relationships with existing clients, you set up the environment for future business. This way, even if the clients don’t return to you, they still might recommend you to friends and colleagues.
In order to truly forge strong connections, you need to follow certain steps:
- Efficient and timely communication should be in the core of your business.
- Delivering personalized services to your clients makes them happy and satisfied, transforming them into your loyal customers.
- Make your clients a part of your business vision and business objectives, and always ask them to share their opinion with you. This is how you make them feel valued.
- Develop a reputation as an independent professional who is able to deliver exceptional results, so you may exceed your customers’ expectations.
Your brand’s consistency is your brand’s recognition
When asking how to win customer satisfaction, you’ve surely thought about your brand’s experience in total and how it affects your customers.
A brand must be consistent and there are three main areas where that consistency must result in customer loyalty:
- The first is overall customer experience. This is how you foster trust and confidence in your brand.
- Brand value is second. Your commitment as a brand should always be backed up with action, not just words.
- The third is brand identity. You should use visual brand components that make your brand recognizable and help you stand out.
All of this matters because every business must strive to become recognizable by their target audience. This is how you build a strong association between your core messages and values, and the visual elements that set you apart from the competition.
By striving to maintain a consistent brand experience you also reap some benefits:
- You differentiate your brand from the others - this is what ultimately makes a difference between earning a customer’s business or losing them to the competition.
- You induce positive emotions associated with your brand.
- You forge trust and loyalty - this leads to confidence among customers that they will have a certain experience when they engage with your brand.
- You shape your brand concept and shape the perception of it more easily, and that is achieved by sending the right messages.
The bottom line
You are probably aware that acquiring customers requires the use of many different strategies, especially in the versatile, digital landscape. A brand’s most important task is to ensure that customer engagement is always efficient and meaningful. Customers are the ones who have many options, but they will always come back to you if you have found a way to make them emotionally attached to your brand, by using the tactics we have suggested above.